Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CHRISTNE EBERSOLE NAMED BEST MUSICAL ACTRESS OF THE DECADE


This morning I was perusing the internet and found an article on Theatermania.com written by Peter Filichia rating several "best" theater categories of the past decade and he named a personal favorite of mine, Christine Ebersole, as Best Musical Actress of the past decade.

You can read the full article here:(http://www.theatermania.com/peterfilichia/index.cfm?mode=viewentry&id=E5DAD578-2219-54E7-B9D9D1D1DAFE44C2)

I was first introduced to Christine years ago when she was on the Rosie O'Donnell show. I loved he humor, wit, heart, and pure and beautiful voice, and I have plans to see her, along with my friend Ray, when she visits the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts on February 26th. I have been excited!

Several years ago when Christine was playing both Big and Little Edie Beale on Broadway in "Grey Gardens" I had tickets to see her (and the show). Unfortunately, she decided to take a few days off, including my performance, and although I was disappointed, I was able to return my tickets because her name was above the title (a little known rule).

This morning, after reading Peter Felichia's article I wrote to Rosie letting her know of Christine's new accomplishment and for the first time since early August, she answered me.



Hell, I thought Ro had blocked me or something as it has been so long she she has answered one of my questions. The last time was early August - just before I was kicked out of her Atlantic City concert.


Now I have to work on finagling backstage passes to meet Christine after her performance.... hmmmmm!

Congratulations Christine!!

(Oh.. and I apologize for not being around lately. I have written a few articles over the past few weeks, but afterwards haven't felt they were good enough to post.)

No comments: