Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WILL I KEEP THE PROMISE I MADE TO MYSELF

I now have just less than 13 hours before my flight leaves.  We have an intentional four and a half hour layover in Newark.   Initially it was three and a half hours but United changed their schedule.  I am fine with it.  I want to make sure if there is a delay out of Phoenix I do not have to scramble to get my connection.

Joanne and I will have to figure a way of filling our time in Newark.

If the layover was a little longer we could have gone into New York City for lunch, or if it was the pre-September 11th days, friends could have met us at the airport for drinks. 

Wow - I just realized I don't even remember pre-911 travel and whether we had to go through screening.  Did we?

I have made a vow, a promise to myself, to share my experiences in Italy on a daily basis.  I am hoping to sit down each evening before I go to sleep and write about the day and upload some special photographs.

The next post should be while in Newark.

Stay tuned to see if I am able to keep my promise.

No comments: