Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ALL THESE BOOKS ARE CONFUSING ME

I just finished updating the "Books I am Reading" and I realized that I am in the middle of five very different books. Oh wait, it is actually only four:

Four weeks ago, or so, I was at Sam's Club and I picked up South of Broad by Pat Conroy. I hadn't been reading for several months and I found I couldn't put the book down and once I was completed I decided I needed something to replace it with so I got Rainwater by Sandra Brown.

I was enjoying it but one a trip to the store I saw Why We Suck by Dennis Leary and Knock Out (Curing Cancer) by Suzanne Somers. I purchased both of them and started reading both, even though I wasn't finished with Rainwater.

Last week while listening to Rosie O'Donnell on her new Sirius/XM radio show "Rosie Radio," she mentioned The Velvet Rage (Overcoming the Pain of Growing Up Gay in a Straight Man's World) by Alan Downs so I immediately went to Amazon.com and found the book, in hard cover, for only $4.99. I placed an order and it arrived yesterday. I am now about 1/6th of the way through it.

In a single day I will pick up each of them at various times through the day and read a few pages. By the time I fall asleep each night I am confused as hell.

I now think that gays are curing cancer and Suzanne Somers is funny as hell in a straight man's world.

Add to the mix Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Fortunately it sits on my bed stand and I haven't confused myself further - I have not even cracked the binding.

No comments: