Thursday, September 3, 2009

WHAT WOULD JESUS SAY?



What follows in italics is Michelangelo Signorile's description of his conversation (above) with nut-job "Pastor" Steven L. Anderson, who resides not far from me.

This is my interview with Pastor Steven L. Anderson of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Temple, AZ. He has prayed for President Obama to die, calls for the execution of gays and told me it would not be murder if a group of gays and lesbians were gunned down with a machine gun, or if the president were killed. He does not believe the killing of Dr. George Tiller was murder. He also said, after I told him I was gay, that he hopes I "get brain cancer like Ted Kennedy" and die and insisted I must be "molesting children."

I am appalled that a "so-called" man of God would advocate the murder of another human being - specifically our President - Barack Obama.

It's it frightening on so many levels. This "man-of-the-cloth" not only holds un-Christian views, he has a platform in which he is able to spread his hate. What also frightens me is this man is not alone.

Hate queers all ya like, but nowhere in the New Testament does it say (unless I missed that part) it is allowable to kill another person. Sure the "Old Testament" has "An Eye for an Eye" (Exodus 21:23–27) but if we are going to cherry pick the bible, lets start having fun. This could be a really great conversation.

George W. Bush ordered the senseless murder of thousands of innocent men and women, both Iraqi and American, and at no time did I ever hear anyone propose murdering him. What has Barack Obama done that so incites this type of hatred among the "religious" right?

If there is one political figure in my lifetime deserving of incarceration, not assassination, it is George W. Bush, or perhaps more appropriate Dick Cheney.

The "right" truly scares me.

Because of their position within churches, these freaks, yes I said freaks, are able to whip up the masses and gain support for their extreme agendas.

Heed my warning!

All blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and gays better start watching their backs. These people are no different then Hitler. Their way is the only right way. They want to rid the world of people that do not look like them, think like them, or worship like them.

It is time to rise up against the haters in this country. Point your fingers and lift your voices because these people, who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ are the ones who will bring this country to anarchy.

As "they" like to say - What Would Jesus Do? Like Martin Luther King, and Gandhi, he was a man of peace and would not condone murder, or incite others to commit it.

4 comments:

palestar said...

i have seen this before and this pseudo pastor is nothing more than an ass-wipe - he is getting the publicity he wanted. I must say too - he is more likely to be the one that molest children according to statistics...

With things in the world the way they are - I think we should all watch or backs...

Liz said...

ohhhh, they so are freaks! verrrrrry scary.

Scott said...

You ask "What has Barrack Obama done that so incites this type of hatred among the "religious" right?"

Simple. He has threatened the status quo of WASPs being in the position of power. Worse yet, he's threatened their ability to profit unfairly from the poor. And while most people won't admit it, he's unsettled the whites in America by making them realize they soon won't be the majority anymore. Therefore Obama must be removed!

This pastor will eventually incite someone in his flock to commit violence- whether it be an assassination attempt on Obama or his family, or on gays. I have actually begun to fear for my safety because this pastor and his congregation live in the same general area as me.

And yet when the inevitable does happen, this pastor will claim that he's not to blame. He's too cowardly to take action himself, so he'll get his followers to do it for him. He's just like Manson in that respect.

P.S. Did you see how now the right wackos are upset because Obama wants to encourage kids to stay in school: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090903/pl_ynews/ynews_pl888_1

Unknown said...

My mom has a great quote on her blog from Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) from a poem that begins...

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

We must all protect and stand up for each other. You never know when you're group will be the next one targeted. It is scary.