Saturday, September 8, 2007

ANOTHER NOOSE-UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND


Earlier today I wrote about the JENA 6 - six young black men charged with attempted murder for a schoolyard brawl, partially provoked by three nooses hanging on a tree at their school.

This past Friday another noose was discovered hanging from a tree outside the Nymburu Cultual Center at the University of Maryland.

In Jena the white citizens referred to the three nooses as a school boy prank - nothing more.

There are no coincidences, especially when it comes to bigotry and racism.

Again... I am outraged that this behavior continues nearly forty years after the death of Martin Luther King.

Let me pose a question - Do you think the individuals responsible for these acts were raised by Christ loving and God-fearing republicans or "so-called" godless democrats?

YOUR THOUGHTS?

3 comments:

Bobby Crow said...

"Let me pose a question - Do you think the individuals responsible for these acts were raised by Christ loving and God-fearing republicans or "so-called" godless democrats?"

These acts were done by some moron kids that were either raised in a home that presents racism as a crutch; not to learn acceptance or change, or by a group of kids that are out of control!

Anonymous said...

You bet they were raised by the God-fearing type. But not necessarily republican or democrat. There are racist democrats in the world. But for some reason, extremely religious sects, seem to do a lot of harm on the world.
Many of your readers may disagree with me about that.

Gpawilli said...

My reference to religion and the republicans may be completely inappropriate and I know it feeds into the fissures between the democrats and republicans,but in my experience those self annointed God Fearing people tend to be the same ones that try to keep people down, whether it be racial minorities or gays.

I add to the hype but it really is how I see it.

I know there are racists in the demoncrat party as well, but OVERALL there is an air of acceptance, or I should say more of an acceptance, whereas the republicans don't even try to appear to be open to people with differences.

I think most, if not all, of my readers will agree with you completely.

Thanks J