Thursday, August 23, 2007

FLIGHT DELAYS

I'm sitting at the Denver International Airport waiting for my plane to take off. It should be leaving in 5 minutes but for some mysterious reason it is delayed. This is typical of air travel these days.

You stand around in lines and then wait around for planes.

Just prior to arriving at Sky Harbor International (Phoenix airport)this morning we heard on talk radio that there was a "SCARE" at the airport and everyone from a Continental flight had to de-plane and the security line snaked throughout the airport and out the door for several hundred feet.

I guess they found a suspicious piece of luggage but fortunately it was corrected prior to my arrival.

Today suspicious could be anything, a 3.5 ounce bottle of Scope mouthwash, a book of matches, a passenger who didn't take off their sandals prior to going through security.

Its all a game to lull us into feeling secure, or more accurately more scared. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, right.

The only thing we have to fear is our government and its manipulation of the security levels and regulations.

Are we any more secure today then we were pre-September 11th? I don't think so.

I also like to look around to see the people traveling. Its mostly business people in the middle of the week but plenty of others as well.

Air travel is obviously cheap these days. People of all walks of life can now afford to fly and the variety of baggage runs the gamit from Louie Vuitton to Samsonite to large black garbage bags.

These are the things I think about as I sit here waiting for my delayed flight.

Well, we should be boarding soon. Wish me luck!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey - Palestar in Santa Fe

Bobby Crow said...

I actually had to laugh; I have been in the same position. Wondering what the hell is going on here! What DOOFUS did not follow our elaborate, and asshat flight regulations....

I love how the Gov't just YO-YO's the levels of security for no reason. ARGH!!!!

Hope you had a safe, and enjoyable flight....